WARNING: NOT PASSOVER-FRIENDLY. I made this a while ago, I’ve just been keeping it to myself. As soon as passover ends, I’m making this. And I’ll post a photo.
Okay, get ready for this. I made a SUCCESSFUL vegan blintz souffle!!!!!
My camera is still broken so I’ll just jot down the recipe:
- 1 package Nasoya firm lite tofu (or 14 oz of any firm tofu, not silken)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar ( I used maple sugar just because I don’t like using regular sugar, but plain sugar sould give it a more neutral taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup flour ( I used spelt, but any flour will do)
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 2 teaspoons vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan milk
Throw all ingredients into the blender until smooth, and then pour into an 8 inch souffle dish. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes, or until risen and set in the middle. Enjoy!
P.S. I actually don’t remember exactly how I baked it, but you could pretty much do it by eye. And if you want more texture, leave half of the tofu out of the blender and mash it with a fork instead.